Wednesday, January 19, 2005

iPod My BMW

The iPod I got for my BMW wasn't working very well. It had a bunch of really annoying habits:
  • It would randomly crash while playing a song, go to FM, and refuse to go back to the iPod. I had to pull the iPod cable out to reset the thing.
  • About 15% of the time I started my car the iPod wouldn't play at all until I reset it.
  • It would revert back to FM after my car was off for over about 10 hours. It's amazing how annoying that was. Every time I got in the car I'd have to futz with the radio to get my iPod to play from the beginning of a play list that I've hear a million times. Even more futzing to get it play randomly.
  • Every time I turned the car off, it forgot about the random setting.
Well, I down loaded the iPod Software 2.2 about six weeks ago. That fixed most of my problems. All except the forgetting about random, but I can live with that. I spent a while on the web and a few other people had the same problem as me, and since nobody posted a solution I though I would.
 
Having lots of music in your car without lugging CDs around is really nice.